I love it. You love it. We all love it.
So, in honor of my partnership with Dorothy’s® Creamery, guess what I made?
YEAH. GRILLED CHEESE.
But not just any ol’ grilled cheese (although, let’s be clear… I’m happy with any grilled cheese you throw at me.)
I’m about to hit y’all with a Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese.
And best of all? If you head to @dorothyscreamery and click the Vote highlight, you can vote for this recipe as your favorite. If it gets the most votes, $500 will be donated to No Kid Hungry. Thank you so much for your support!
Now, on to the goodness…
Here’s what you need. It’s so simple.
- Dorothy’s Creamery Cheese (in Charlotte, you’ll find it at Publix, The Fresh Market, or online!)
- Bread of your choice (I chose ciabatta)
- A jar of blackberry preserves (feel free to try fig, strawberry, or blueberry instead)
- Your choice of grilling method (I used a panini press, but a pan and spatula work great, too)
Now let’s get this thing started.
1. Cook bacon using your favorite method.
2. Slice bread and spread blackberry preserves on inside of each half.
3. Open a wheel of Dorothy’s cheese and cut into slices. Layer on bottom half of bread.
4. Slice cooked bacon into smaller portions and place on top of cheese.
5. Add more cheese on top of bacon (duh.)
6. Replace top of bread and butter it.
7. Carefully place sandwich on hot panini press or pan.
8. Warm until cheese starts to drip liberally from inside of sandwich.
9. Carefully remove your grilled cheese, plate, and enjoy.
Five ingredients and roughly 15 – 20 minutes later, your Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese with Dorothy’s Creamery Cheese is complete.
Curious about this cheese? Dorothy herself grew up in Lena, IL, where her parents founded Kolb-Lena Cheese Company. She worked in at her family’s plant every day after school and went on to be the first woman to graduate with a degree in Dairy Science from Iowa State. She later married James Demeter, and the two took over the company.
Dorothy and her husband created an award-winning baby Swiss cheese in 1984 and are considered pioneers in their industry.
Hope you love this recipe, and if you do, don’t forget to vote on Instagram!
This post was created in sponsored collaboration with Dorothy’s Creamery. All opinions are my own.